Our club rules are simple. The rules are there to ensure the safety and enjoyment of the club members. Please respect them.
- Make sure your bike is in good working condition.
- Always wear a helmet. NO HELMET = NO RIDE.
- Be prepared - water, food, tools, adequate clothing, medical coverage.
- Bring your membership card or proof of membership to every ride. NO CARD = NO RIDE.
- Respect for other members, trail users, property and the environment.
- Harassment of any kind will not be tolerated.
- Dogs are not allowed on club rides.
- Stay in control of your bike at all times.
- Observe the minimum impact code.
- Ride, don't slide. Avoid skidding.
- Know your limits. Ride to the conditions.
- Ride on open trails only.
- Stay on the trail and avoid sensitive areas.
- Be courteous and respect other trail users.
- Keep the trails open - support trail maintenance activities.
E-Bikes on Group Rides
Beginning in 2023, NSRide welcomes riders using Class 1 e-bikes (pedal assist only).
It’s not what you ride, it’s how you ride. Be sure to ride with the group's pace on the way up and the way down.
Never overtake the ride leader or fall behind the sweep, and aim to ride at the group pace which will be determined by the Ride Leader.
Don’t flaunt your e-bike power, don’t be too talkative on long/steep climbs, some won’t have breath to talk
Choose the level of ride (Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced/Expert) based on your technical descending capabilities, not whether you can keep up on the climbs. The Ride Leader can advise which group will best suit if you have not ridden much with NSRide
It’s up to you whether you choose the faster climbing ‘Spicy’ group, or the more relaxed ‘Chill’ group, as long as you are confident that you can ride at that pace on both the climbs and the descents.
Ensure you have sufficient range in your battery for the planned ride duration, and allow additional margin for delays or a longer than anticipated ride. This is typically 2.5hours for a weekday ride and 3.5 hours for a weekend ride.
Please read these guidelines and check the E-bike box (if available) when signing up for rides:
Also see the club's full Code of Conduct.