NSRide Women Only Guided Rides
NSRide is the North Shore’s largest mountain biking club, run by a dedicated group of volunteers to provide its members a supportive and social network for mountain biking.
As an inclusive club, our goal is to welcome new riders and motivate existing riders by providing an organized program of guided group rides, led by qualified ride leaders in a safe and fun environment.
In addition to offering co-ed group rides, the club has always been committed to providing a safe, guided ride option for women members who would prefer to ride with other women members only.
What our Women Only Rides Offer
In addition to the club’s weekly co-ed group rides, NSRide also offers weekly rides for women only, led by women ride leaders. Our women only rides have always been a place where women can improve their skills and fitness, while enjoying our beautiful West Coast forests and our legendary North Shore mountain bike trails.
Here are just a few a few of the features our women only rides offer:
- Discover some new trails in the company of a friendly, safe, supportive and relaxed group of women riders
- All women only rides are led by qualified, first aid trained women riders
- Women only rides are currently held weekly on Tuesday evenings during the riding season
- Women only rides are currently targeted at women who self-identify their mountain biking skill level as being intermediate to advanced. Our current pool of women ride leaders doesn’t allow for women only beginner or expert rides, but these ride levels are available on a co-ed basis
- The pace of all guided rides is set at the pace of the slowest rider(s) in the group
If women only rides appeal to you, we encourage you to come out to one of our Tuesday women only rides.
Women Ride Leaders
- NS Ride has 10 active women ride leaders (27% of all ride leaders)
- Women ride leaders have been with the club an average of 8 years
- All women ride leaders are capable of leading Intermediate to Advanced level rides
- All Club rides, including women only rides are guided by two Ride Leaders
- All Ride Leaders are trained as OFA Level 1 First Aid attendants and carry first aid kits on all rides
You asked, we listened….
The NSRide Board is committed to better understand and support its women-identified rider base and to identify opportunities to enhance their overall club experience. To hear directly from its women-identified members, the club initiated a comprehensive survey exclusively to its women-identified members in early 2022. The results from the survey were extremely insightful and will be used to directly inform the club and its board on opportunities and improvements our women-identified members would like to see this season and beyond. For example, we recently launched this landing page exclusively for women club members, with more changes on the way.